Earlier this summer, I interviewed Diana Rodgers. Diana and I met a couple of years ago in Massachusetts (though, coincidentally are from the same town on Long Island, NY), produced an award-winning film together, and share an obsession with real food and sustainability.
I took a trip out to Diana’s farm to get some ingredients for a fresh summer salad and came back with the most delicious produce: arugula, radishes, and mint. In summer salads, produce is the star of the show and this arugula and grilled peach salad with mint is no exception. The best part? It takes less than 15 minutes to make. Simplicity for the win!Print
Arugula and grilled peach salad with mint is the perfect summer salad. Simple, healthy, and delicious, this salad is paleo-friendly and gluten-free.
- 2 ripe but firm peaches, each cut into six wedges
- 1 bunch (about 5 oz) arugula
- 1 small bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed mint
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted, unsalted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- Prepare grill or grill pan to high heat.
Place peach wedges on grill, coated with a bit of oil; grill 30 seconds on each side or until grill marks appear but peaches are still firm. Remove from grill; set aside.
Combine lemon juice, olive oil, honey, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula and mint, tossing gently to coat.
Arrange arugula mixture on a platter. Top with peach wedges and sliced radishes. Sprinkle with goat cheese crumbles and toasted pistachios.
Keywords: peach salad, arugula salad, mint salad