Healthy bánh mì bowls with zucchini noodles, baked turkey zucchini meatballs, and cilantro pesto dressing. An easy, gluten-free, and paleo meal prep recipe.
1 batch of turkey zucchini meatballs
2 zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- 1/2 cup pre-made pesto (or the Trader Joe’s kale cashew pesto is a great store-bought option)
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (use lime juice for paleo)
- 4 teaspoons hot sauce
- drizzle of pure maple syrup, honey, or agave syrup, to taste
- water to thin
- 1 cucumber, peeled and ribboned
- 1 large carrot, peeled and ribboned
- 2 limes, sliced into quarters
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts and/or sesame seeds
- red chili or jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- Make the turkey zucchini meatballs.
Prep the remaining ingredients. Spiralize the zucchini noodles (here’s how). Peel and ribbon the cucumber and the carrot. Slice the limes. Remove cilantro leaves from their stems for garnish. Slice the chili pepper or jalapeño, if using.
Pack the bowls. Divide the zucchini noodles between four meal prep containers. Top with equal amounts of prepped cucumber and carrot. Add five meatballs and 1-2 lime slices to each container. Garnish with cilantro leaves and sliced chili or jalapeño, if using. Keep the sauce in a separate container until ready to use. When ready to eat, drizzle with sauce, a squeeze of lime, and top with a heaping tablespoon of the chopped roasted peanuts and/or sesame seeds.
Spice it up! Add extra flavor by making a Sriracha mayo (1 part Sriracha plus 1 part mayo – I like this Primal Kitchen mayo) and drizzle on top.
Keywords: bánh mì bowls, healthy bánh mì, bánh mì salad