Sweet and savory is our thing. So is simple. And this chicken and spinach salad with pineapple chutney dressing checks all the boxes. Just a quick roast of some chicken and sweet potatoes, a good shake to the chutney dressing, and a sprinkle of some dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds and voilà; you’ve got a fall weeknight meal with tons of spice (and little effort).
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into ½ inch cubes
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon pineapple chutney
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz baby spinach
- ¼ cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Roast the chicken and sweet potatoes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put the chicken thighs in a bowl, drizzle with a bit of olive oil, and mix to coat. Spread the chicken on a baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Spread the sweet potato cubes on a rimmed baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Once the oven is preheated, bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and roast the sweet potatoes for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until tender. Once the chicken has cooled, slice and set aside.
- Make the dressing. Add all ingredients to a small jar and shake until thoroughly combined.
- Assemble the salad. In a large bowl, toss the baby spinach with the dressing. Add the cooked chicken slices and roasted sweet potatoes, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries and mix again until everything is evenly covered in the dressing. Divide the mixture between two plates.
Ready to join us?
Start getting meal prep recipes and special ingredients,
like this pineapple chutney, mailed to your door each month.