Chive oil is a great flavor bomb for drizzling on salads! Vegan, gluten-free, and paleo, chive oil can kick any salads or veggies up a notch.
- 2 ounces fresh chives
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a small saucepan full of water to boil.
- Dip chives in boiling water for 10 seconds; drain and rinse with cool water. Dry with a dish towel or paper towel.
- Place herbs and oil in a blender and process 3 to 4 minutes until bright green and smooth.
- Strain (optional): Let mixture sit for 45 minutes so the herb flavor transfers to the oil. Strain through a double layer of cheesecloth and discard solids. Straining is not necessary: oil will be more “pesto-y” if not strained, but still delicious!
- Store chive oil in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze in ice cube trays for later use.
Keywords: chive oil, chive dressing, chive salad dressing