Coconut curry cashew savory granola of oats, cashew, peanut, coconut, and sesame seed clusters adds a satisfying, healthy crunch to salads. Gluten-free.
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup raw, unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup raw, unsalted cashews
- ¼ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg white, beaten to blend (see notes)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the oats, peanuts, cashews, coconut flakes, sesame seeds, curry powder, salt, and cayenne pepper with egg white, olive oil, and maple syrup in a medium bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden, stirring once and watching closely to avoid burning, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Make It Vegan. The purpose of the egg white is to hold the granola clusters together. Though we’ve never tried it, you may be able to substitute a flax egg for the egg white. Let us know if it works!
Keywords: savory granola, granola, coconut granola