One of the best things about smoothies is that they’re healthy fast-food. Less than 5-minutes to blend and easy to drink while on-the-go? I’m into them. But for days when I have time to slow down a bit (hello, weekends), smoothie bowls are where it’s at. They’re a little more intentional and, most importantly, thicker so they can hold ALL the toppings like coconut flakes, granola, or more fresh fruit.
These orange creamsicle smoothie bowls reminds me of that summer ice-cream truck flavor – but with all the good stuff (fiber, vitamins, minerals, healthy fat) instead of the not-so-good (added sugar, chemicals, and fake color… just to name a few).
It’s also high in an essential nutrient, vitamin C, which forms and maintains collagen (for healthy skin! nails! joints!) and is a powerful antioxidant to protect against inflammation and disease. The best sources of Vitamin C? Whole foods – especially citrus fruits (orange) and cruciferous vegetables (cauliflower), which both happen to make an appearance in this smoothie bowl.
Don’t be scared of the cauliflower! You won’t be able to taste it (just make sure it’s frozen) and it adds a creaminess to smoothies that I’m kind of obsessed with.
Need some quick smoothie ideas? Try my 5-Day Smoothie Reset! Five days of delicious, filling, breakfast smoothies you can make in 5 minutes or less. 100% gluten-free, paleo, vegan, and dairy-free.Print
These orange creamsicle smoothie bowls are an easy, vegan, paleo, dairy-free, and gluten-free 5-minute breakfast. High in vitamin C!
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 sliced frozen banana
- 1/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 orange, skin peeled or cut off
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- coconut flakes, for serving
- Place all the ingredients except for coconut flakes in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more almond milk if needed, 1 tablespoon at a time, to get the blender going being careful not to use too much (you want it to be thick!).
- Pour into a bowl and top with coconut flakes. Enjoy!
Keywords: creamsicle smoothie, orange smoothie, orange smoothie bowl, creamsicle smoothie bowl
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.