Yeah, you all know that veggies are our thing. But ’tis the season for treats, right? Because life is all about #balance. These Gingerbread Bars with Crystallized Ginger are one of five healthy bar recipes we’ve created to help you celebrate the holidays, in (healthy) style. All super delicious, vegan, gluten-free, and paleo. As a little gift to you, we’ve created a free Holiday Bar eBook with five of our favorite holiday treats, made healthy. Get the eBook below and read on for the Gingerbread Bars with Crystallized Ginger recipe.
FREE Holiday Bars eBook!
5 Whole-Food Bar Recipes to Celebrate the Holiday Season
Your holiday favorites. But good for you.
Because that’s how we roll around here.
Vegan, gluten-free, and paleo.
Pumpkin Pie Bars with Cream “Cheese” Frosting
Peppermint Brownie Bars with Chocolate Chips
Pecan Pie Bars with Raw Salted Caramel
Apple Pie Bars à la Mode
Gingerbread Bars with Crystallized Ginger
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw pecans
- 1¼ cups pitted whole dates (see notes)
- ¼ cup dried crystallized ginger, chopped (plus more for garnish, optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Line a small pan or tupperware container with parchment paper.
- Add almonds and pecans to a food processor and blend until finely chopped (but not paste-like).
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the dates are finely chopped and blended and the mixture begins to stick together. This should take a couple of minutes and you may need to scrape the sides with a spatula occasionally.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the parchment lined container, top with ginger garnish, if using, and place in the freezer until set.
- When set, allow to thaw for a couple of minutes and cut into desired shape. Keep the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months.