You all know that veggies are my thing. But ’tis the season for treats, right? Because life is all about #balance. I made these gingerbread bars with crystallized ginger to help you celebrate the holidays, in (healthy) style. All super delicious, vegan, gluten-free, and paleo.Print
The perfect, healthy holiday treat. Naturally date-sweetened, vegan, gluten-free, and paleo. No-bake and a great snack too!
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1 1/4 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup dried crystallized ginger, chopped (plus more for garnish, optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a small pan or tupperware container with parchment paper.
- Add almonds and pecans to a food processor and blend until finely chopped (but not paste-like).
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the dates are finely chopped and blended and the mixture begins to stick together. This should take a couple of minutes and you may need to scrape the sides with a spatula occasionally.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the parchment lined container, top with ginger garnish, if using, and place in the freezer until set.
- When set, allow to thaw for a couple of minutes and cut into desired shape. Keep the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months.
Keywords: gingerbread bars, healthy gingerbread, paleo gingerbread, vegan gingerbread, gluten-free gingerbread
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.