Grilled zucchini bowls with basil-yogurt dressing is an easy gluten-free and vegan meal prep recipe. With beets, tofu, and topped with sunflower seeds. Perfect for summer.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (dairy-free if needed)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar (regular balsamic will work too)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- water to thin, if necessary
- 5 large handfuls baby spinach
- 14-oz extra firm tofu, drained, cubed, and stir-fried
- 5 medium zucchini and/or yellow squash, grilled or stir-fried
- 3 medium beets, cooked and cubed (see notes)
- 10 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- Make the dressing. In a bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until well combined.
Prep the bowl ingredients. Cook the tofu, grill the zucchini and/or squash and cut into slices or rounds, and cook the beets (if necessary, see notes).
Pack the bowls. Add one handful of baby spinach to five meal prep containers. Top with equal amounts of cooked tofu, grilled zucchini, and cooked beets. Keep the basil yogurt dressing in a separate container until ready to use. When ready to eat, drizzle with dressing and top with 2 tablespoons of the roasted sunflower seeds.
Meal Prep! Batch cook to get more bang for your buck in terms of time spent in the kitchen. To get more (easy!) prep-ahead summer bowl recipes, sign up to get our Prep-Ahead Summer Bowl Recipes and Printable Planner in the post.
Beets. You can purchase pre-cooked beets in the produce aisle of your grocery store. Alternatively, buy raw beets and cook them. Use this easy Instant Pot method or roast them. To roast them, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice off the beet leaves. Wash the beets thoroughly (no need to dry) and then wrap each individual beet loosely in foil. Transfer the wrapped beets to a baking sheet and roast for 45 – 55 minutes, checking every 20 minutes, until a fork slides easily to the middle of the beet. Allow the beets to cool enough to handle. Under cool running water, peel the skin off of the beets and cube.
Keywords: zucchini salad, zucchini bowls, grilled zucchini salad