These holiday glow bowls are a comforting, filling fall or autumn salad. Full of healthy ingredients like arugula, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted pecans, pomegranate seeds, and lentils. With a creamy, dairy-free ginger tahini dressing.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked lentils (find in the refrigerated section of Trader Joe’s and some well-stocked grocery stores or cook green lentils yourself)
- 1 (5-6 oz) bag arugula
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- protein of choice (I used cooked chicken breast)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut the sweet potato into 1/2-inch cubes and arrange evenly a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil, toss to coat, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- Make the tahini dressing (see notes). In a bowl, combine the tahini paste, lemon juice, coconut aminos (if using), garlic cloves and ginger. Whisk in warm water, one tablespoon at a time, until dressing reaches a pourable consistency (usually 6-8 tablespoons). Refrigerate extras in an airtight container.
- Assemble the bowl. To each bowl, add a large handful of arugula. Then top each with one fourth of the cooked sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup cooked lentils, 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, 1-2 tablespoons chopped roasted pecans, and protein of choice. Drizzle each with a few tablespoons of the ginger-tahini dressing.
You will probably end up with more ginger-tahini dressing than you need for four bowls (lucky you!). Store in an airtight container in the fridge for drizzling on roasted veggies, salads, and grain bowls throughout the week. If the dressing thickens in the fridge, stir in a teaspoon (or more) of warm water to thin before using.
Keywords: holiday salad, glow bowl, detox salad