How to make za’atar, a flavorful Middle Eastern spice mixture. This simple za’atar recipe is good on anything from roasted vegetables to pita bread!
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ground sumac
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Chop the pistachios, if using.
- Mix together everything in a small bowl.
- Transfer to airtight containers (recycled spice jars work well) and store in a cool, dry place.
Keywords: za'atar recipe, homemade za'atar