My current summertime obsession: this iced peppermint matcha latte. 🌿 An easy, creamy recipe, full of peppermint flavor… and antioxidants.
What’s the Difference Between Matcha and Regular Green Tea?
While green tea is great, matcha packs a more powerful punch. Here’s the difference between matcha and regular green tea:
- Matcha is grown in the shade so it has more chlorophyll in it (food for your cells!).
- Matcha is made by grinding up the pure green tea leaves into a powder so it’s more concentrated than green tea.
- One study found that matcha has up to three times the amount of EGCG (an antioxidant) than regular green tea. 👊🏼
What You Need for this Matcha Latte Recipe
- MATCHA POWDER – Kind of important.
- A BLENDER – Because nobody likes matcha powder clumps.
- PEPPERMINT EXTRACT – To get all that fresh peppermint flavor.
- COLLAGEN (OPTIONAL) – For an extra protein boost. Learn about the health benefits of collagen here.
Iced peppermint matcha latte with collagen! A simple, healthy recipe featuring almond milk, matcha powder, mint, dates, and optional collagen peptides for a protein boost. Dairy-free, paleo, vegan optional.
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
Blend until smooth and creamy, adjusting the ingredients to taste.
Keywords: dairy-free matcha latte, matcha latte, peppermint matcha latte
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.