If you’re a sweet-over-savory breakfast person (hand-raised), but still want to eat some veggies in the morning, smoothie bowls will be your thing. They’re sweet but full of sneaky produce; this matcha mint chocolate chip smoothie bowl has baby spinach, frozen cauliflower (…don’t worry you can’t taste it), avocado, and banana. Not to mention the energizing superfood, matcha, one of nature’s richest sources of the rare antioxidant EGCG. Enjoy!
To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, I thought I’d round up some of our greenest recipes this year (greens first, booze later ✌🏼). Just click the links below the image to get the recipes. And here’s the cool thing about leafy greens; they’re (usually) interchangeable in salads and smoothies so experiment to find the ones you like best.
These matcha mint chocolate chip smoothie bowls are a delicious, gluten-free, and vegan breakfast. Full of minty flavor and packed with nutrients.
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1–2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint flavor or extract, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- cacao nibs and coconut flakes, for serving
- Place all the ingredients except for the cacao nibs and coconut flakes in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add more almond milk if needed, 1 tablespoon at a time, to get the blender going being careful not to use too much (you want it to be thick!).
- Pour into a bowl (or two) and top with cacao nibs and coconut flakes.
Keywords: matcha smoothie, matcha mint smoothie, matcha smoothie bowl, mint smoothie bowl
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.