If you’re a sweet-over-savory breakfast person (hand-raised), but still want to eat some veggies in the morning, smoothie bowls will be your thing. They’re sweet but full of sneaky produce; this matcha mint chocolate chip smoothie bowl has baby spinach, frozen cauliflower (…don’t worry you can’t taste it), avocado, and banana. Not to mention the energizing superfood, matcha, one of nature’s richest sources of the rare antioxidant EGCG. Enjoy! – Ally
To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, I thought I’d round up some of our greenest recipes this year (greens first, booze later ✌🏼). Just click the links below the image to get the recipes. And here’s the cool thing about leafy greens; they’re (usually) interchangeable in salads and smoothies so experiment to find the ones you like best. Our Guide to Greens can help.
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 sliced frozen banana
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- ½ avocado
- ½ teaspoon matcha powder
- 1-2 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint flavor or extract, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- cacao nibs and coconut flakes, for serving
- Place all the ingredients except for the cacao nibs and coconut flakes in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add more almond milk if needed, 1 tablespoon at a time, to get the blender going being careful not to use too much (you want it to be thick!).
- Pour into a bowl (or two) and top with cacao nibs and coconut flakes.