These mocha coconut squares are like healthy brownies with an awakening kick of coffee, ginger, and cayenne. Don’t be put off by the long ingredient list. The process couldn’t be simpler; just throw everything into a food processor and watch the magic happen. Trust me, it’s worth it.
I love snacks. I mean…. right? A little afternoon pick-me-up is good for the soul. The problem is we often forget to pack the right (delicious, healthy, sustaining) ones … or any at all… which means we mosey to the vending machine around 3pm. And the vending machine lets us down. Every. Single. Time. Maybe not in the moment, but a half-hour later? We’re still hungry. With a sugar headache.
So here’s a little wisdom for you. Bring a snack to work! Simple, homemade is best. Like hummus and carrots … Or an apple and almond butter. Or… these mocha coconut squares. Make a big batch over the weekend and enjoy the energizing benefits of these bite-sized snacks every afternoon. So you can end your workday #likeaboss.Print
Mocha coconut squares are like healthy brownies with an awakening kick of coffee, ginger, and cayenne. The perfect afternoon snack. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 4–5 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh, grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2–4 tablespoons water, more if needed
- In a food processor, process all dry ingredients (everything listed before the dates) until finely crumbled.
- Add dates, raisins, and ginger and process until a sticky mixture is formed.
- While the food processor is running, add coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of water. If mixture seems too dry, continue to add water, 1 tablespoon at a time. You want it to hold together without being too sticky.
- Once desired texture has been achieved, put mixture on parchment paper and roll out to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cover and refrigerate or freeze to set. Once set, cut into 15 squares. Portion out 3 squares per serving and keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Keywords: mocha coconut, mocha coconut squares, mocha coconut bars
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.