Mocha coconut squares are like healthy brownies with an awakening kick of coffee, ginger, and cayenne. The perfect afternoon snack. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 4–5 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh, grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2–4 tablespoons water, more if needed
- In a food processor, process all dry ingredients (everything listed before the dates) until finely crumbled.
- Add dates, raisins, and ginger and process until a sticky mixture is formed.
- While the food processor is running, add coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of water. If mixture seems too dry, continue to add water, 1 tablespoon at a time. You want it to hold together without being too sticky.
- Once desired texture has been achieved, put mixture on parchment paper and roll out to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cover and refrigerate or freeze to set. Once set, cut into 15 squares. Portion out 3 squares per serving and keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Keywords: mocha coconut, mocha coconut squares, mocha coconut bars