This spinach, pear, and goat cheese salad is the perfect date-night salad. Right in time for Valentine’s Day (#justaddwine). Homemade salads can be an inexpensive, yet sophisticated, alternative to eating out. With limited cooking skills required. Want to make the meal really impressive? These vegan chocolate raspberry truffles aren’t going to make themselves… (though they’re so easy they just might).Print
Spinach, Pear, and Goat Cheese Salad with Honey-Mustard Dressing
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Spinach, pear, and goat cheese salad with honey mustard dressing. A simple and elegant salad, perfect for date night or Valentine’s Day.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2–4 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 D’anjou pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 8 oz rib-eye, New York, or filet mignon steak, optional (I like ButcherBox for convenience and quality)
- Make the dressing in your serving bowl. Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and honey. While whisking, drizzle in oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the steak, if using, using your favorite method to the desired doneness.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the dressing and lightly toss right before serving. Divide into two servings.
Keywords: spinach salad, pear salad, steak salad
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.
Leave a Reply