This spinach, pear, and goat cheese salad is the perfect date-night salad. Right in time for Valentine’s Day (#justaddwine). Homemade salads can be an inexpensive, yet sophisticated, alternative to eating out. With limited cooking skills required. Want to make the meal really impressive? These vegan chocolate raspberry truffles aren’t going to make themselves… (though they’re so easy they just might).
This recipe is Saturday night’s salad from our 7-Day Salad Reset. A full week of (easy, delicious) salad recipes that will make you feel amazing. Get the full free Reset here:
- 1 D’anjou pear, cored and thinly sliced ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted pecans
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 (2 inch thick) rib-eye, New York, or filet mignon steak, optional
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2-4 teaspoons honey (or maple syrup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Make the dressing: In your serving bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. While whisking, drizzle in oil until emulsified.
- Optional: Cook the steak using your favorite method to the desired doneness.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the dressing and lightly toss right before serving. Divide into two servings.