What’s better than pumpkin pie? Pumpkin pie that’s actually good for you. And portable. These pumpkin spice power bites are the perfect holiday-season snack. Made with just a few simple ingredients, they come together in minutes and can be made ahead of time, ideal for traveling or erranding. They’ll power you through a holiday shopping spree, a hard workout, an afternoon with the inlaws…or a marathon session of This Is Us. Because when snacking on pie is acceptable (and even good for you), life is a little sweeter.
These pumpkin spice power bites are so simple to make (not to mention gluten-free, paleo, and vegan). I found all of the ingredients at Trader Joe’s, but any well-stocked grocery store should have what you need. If you want to supercharge the snack, add a little protein powder or collagen peptides to the mix. Just stir in a bit more pumpkin puree if the mixture seems too dry.
Though I’ve been eating these as a snack, they can totally act as a (sneakily healthy) dessert. Bring them to your holiday office party or Friendsgiving and guests will be none the wiser. 😉
Need more healthy snack ideas? We’ve got you covered here.
- 1 cup roasted pecans
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- salt to taste
- Make the mixture. Place the pecans into a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse until combined. Adjust the spices to taste, adding more salt if necessary. Allow the mixture to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls. Use your hands to form the dough into 10 balls. Put some extra unsweetened coconut flakes in a shallow bowl and then roll each ball in the flakes until coated. Store in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container.