Garlic Ginger Kale Bowl with Cauliflower Rice
This bowl couldn't be easier; simply chop up some garlic and ginger, stir-fry with some ground meat or a can of beans, and add kale. Voila! A flavorful, healthy comforting garlic ginger kale bowl. I put it on top of cauliflower rice (#obsessed), but any grain like brown rice or quinoa would work well. I just like the idea of putting vegetables on vegetables.
Garlic Ginger Kale Bowl with
16 oz frozen riced cauliflower (about 4 cups, see notes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken or pork would be best) or 1 (15-oz) can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 pound kale (2 bunches), stemmed and leaves torn into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 cup mixed chopped basil and cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts or almonds, coarsely chopped
- Sriracha or hot sauce of choice, for serving
- In a large non-stick skillet, add the riced cauliflower and sauté over medium heat until heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, ginger, and ground meat (or drained chickpeas) and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the meat (if using) is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In batches, add the kale and stir-fry until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the fish sauce or soy sauce and herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, chopped roasted nuts, and Sriracha.
Learn all about where to buy (and how to make!) cauliflower rice here.