Shredded Kale Pistachio Salad with Tahini Miso Dressing
Greens on greens on greens. I love to prepare hearty salads that will hold up through Friday and this kale pistachio salad does just that. The hearty kale is perfectly balanced with a creamy tahini miso dressing and pistachios, scallions, and sesame seeds give the salad dimension and crunch. This kale salad serves four as a side, but can easily be made a meal for two with the addition of avocado, protein, and/or grain of choice. For non-vegans, chicken or canned tuna pair well here. For vegans, try tempeh or roasted, crunchy chickpeas.
Shredded Kale Pistachio Salad with
Tahini Miso Dressing
- 2 bunches of Lacinato kale (also known as dinosaur kale), very thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced
TAHINI MISO DRESSING
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1/3 cup water
- salt to taste
- Make the dressing. Whisk together all ingredients until smooth, adding more water to get to desired consistency.
- Assemble the salad. Toss the shredded kale with the dressing and sesame seeds until well combined. Top the salad with pistachios and scallions.