Moroccan Chickpea Bowls with Cauliflower Rice
If you've been following Loveleaf for a while, you know that we like veggies on veggies around here. Which is why I'm a big fan of cauliflower rice. Made from just one simple ingredient (cauliflower, of course), we like to use it in place of traditional rice from time to time. Now don't take this the wrong way - real rice is great too and a perfectly healthy option for most people. But after December (read: the month that cookies and wine ruled my life), cauliflower rice just feels right. The best news? It happens to taste good too. Like a blank canvas, cauliflower rice readily takes on the flavor of whatever you put on it; here, that's a spiced tahini dressing that I can't quit. Enjoy!
Moroccan Chickpea Bowls
with Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower (about 8 oz)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 4 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- cilantro, for serving
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey or pure maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw frozen riced cauliflower according to package instructions.
- In your serving bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy. You may need to add a bit more water depending on the desired thickness of your dressing.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, except for the cilantro, and toss right before serving. Divide into two bowls and top with cilantro.