Southwestern Salad with Honey-Lime Vinaigrette
Food that pairs well with kombucha margaritas make me happy and this southwestern salad with honey lime vinaigrette does just that. Part of my mission here at Loveleaf Co. is to prove that salads can be easily incorporated into your everyday life, every day of the week. We don't have to eat salads on weekdays to "be good." We can eat them on the weekends too - and actually be happy about it (especially ones that go well with tequila and tortilla chips). To make this a full meal, add some protein and top with extra pumpkin seeds for some crunch.
with Honey-Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 small bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 - 1/3 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 corn, frozen or canned
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 oz crumbled feta (optional)
- 4 cups spring mix
- 1/4 pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- small bunch of cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about the juice of 1 lime)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
MAKE THE DRESSING
- Whisk garlic clove, lime juice, honey, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper until smooth. While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil until emulsified.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD
- In a large bowl, mix together the radishes, bell pepper, red onion, corn, black beans and crumbled feta, if using.
- Add in the spring mix and dressing and gently toss.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and sliced avocado.
Make it vegan! Omit the feta and substitute agave syrup for the honey in the vinaigrette.
Make it paleo! Swap out the black beans for grilled chicken breast and omit the feta.