Although pasta dishes are rarely touted as “healthy,” these roasted tomato and spinach bowls are here to change that notion. The trick? Proportions. A couple of handfuls of veggies will tilt the scales in the right direction. I like the pasta to veggie ratio to be 1:1, but more vegetables are always welcome. While these bowls still contain satisfying gluten-free pasta, they’re also full of fiber-rich spinach, roasted cherry tomatoes, and basil.
The roasted walnuts and ricotta make these pasta bowls even more comforting while being full of healthy, plant-based fats. These bowls are completely vegan because we used my favorite Kite Hill ricotta, a plant-based cheese with no weird additives. But feel free to use traditional ricotta if you’re into it!Print
These roasted tomato and spinach pasta bowls are a healthy take on pasta! Vegan and gluten-free with lots of veggies. Topped with walnuts and vegan ricotta.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz dry gluten-free pasta
- 4 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 4 oz ricotta cheese (I like Kite Hill as a vegan option)
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange the cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and roast for 40-45 minutes until softened and beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, make the pasta according to package instructions. In the last two minutes of cooking, add in four large handfuls of baby spinach, stirring so that it becomes wilted. Drain the pasta and spinach and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, make the dressing. Add all the dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Add the pasta/spinach mixture to the serving bowl along with the roasted tomatoes, red onion, and basil. Toss so that everything is coated with the dressing.
- Divide the mixture between two bowls, top with dollops of ricotta and a sprinkle of roasted walnuts.
Keywords: gluten-free pasta, spinach pasta, roasted tomato pasta
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.