It doesn’t take much for me to start obsessing over summer. One or two warm days and I’m in full warm-weather recipe mode. This spiralized cucumber mango salad is perfect for those warmer days (or just dreaming about them).
March to June is prime mango season (read: sales), so I tend to buy them frequently during this time of year. Although soft, juicy mangoes are delicious, I like them a bit firmer for this cucumber mango salad so that the cubes really hold their shape.
Since cucumbers are pretty watery, pat them down with a dishcloth or paper towel after spiralizing (or cubing) and before mixing with the other ingredients. Wait to dress the salad until right before serving and add the coconut curry cashew savory granola last so that it stays crunchy. Because let’s be real. That’s the most important part.
Think cutting a mango is confusing? I did too. Check out this tutorial.Print
Spiralized cucumber and mango salad topped with chili lime dressing and savory granola: a refreshing summer salad that is vegan, gluten-free and paleo.
- 2 cucumbers, spiralized (see note)
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ – 1 cup Coconut Curry Cashew Savory Granola
- 1 small Thai green or red chile (seeds optional depending on how hot you want it)
- 1 small garlic clove
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablepsoons gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Puree chili, garlic, lime juice, soy saice, extra virgin olive oil, and sugar in a blender until smooth.
- Toss mango, spiralized cucumber, shallots, and dressing in a large bowl.
- Top with ¼ – ½ cup of Coconut Curry Cashew Savory Granola per serving right before eating.
We love using a spiralizer to turn warm weather vegetables into summer salads. If you don’t have a spiralizer, don’t worry. This recipe works with thinly sliced or cubed cucumber too. To peel or not to peel? That’s up to you.
Keywords: mango salad, cucumber salad, spiralized salad
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.