Healthy, easy cauliflower curry bowls with crispy chickpeas, kale, and quinoa. A delicious, comforting meal. Vegan and gluten-free.
Cauliflower Curry Bowls
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas
- 2/3 cup dry quinoa
- 1 bunch Lacinato (aka Dinosaur) kale
- 1 cup loosely packed, chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup raisins
Coconut Curry Bowls
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup creamy, unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 large garlic clove
- juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 teaspoons hot sauce, optional
Cauliflower & Chickpeas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange the cauliflower florets evenly on a baking sheet, drizzle with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle with ground cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Drain, rinse, and dry the chickpeas in a cloth towel. Put the chickpeas on another rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put the cauliflower and the chickpeas in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, gently toss the cauliflower and shake the chickpea pan. Roast for another 10-15 minutes until the cauliflower starts to brown and the chickpeas are lightly golden. The chickpeas with get even crunchier as they cool. Set aside.
- Rinse the quinoa. In a medium-size saucepan, combine the quinoa with 1 1/3 cups of water or broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to low, cover, and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and leave covered while you finish preparing the bowls.
- De-stem the kale and thinly slice the kale leaves into strips. In a medium bowl, drizzle the kale with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. With both hands, massage the kale until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
Coconut Curry Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Divide the roasted cauliflower, massaged kale, and quinoa between four bowls. Drizzle desired amount of coconut curry sauce on top and then sprinkle each bowl with some crispy chickpeas, 1/4 cup cilantro, and a tablespoon of raisins.
Keywords: cauliflower curry, curry bowls, crunchy chickpeas, coconut curry sauce, curry sauce