Chicken lettuce wraps with coconut cauliflower rice are a healthy, gluten-free, and low-carb easy dinner or lunch. Easy recipe that’s full of crunch and flavor.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4–6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons peeled and chopped ginger root
- 1 lb ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 (8-oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups riced cauliflower (see notes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8–12 Boston, Bibb, Butter or Romaine heart lettuce leaves
- 5 scallions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled into ribbons or shredded
- extra cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- hot sauce, like Sriracha
- Cook the chicken or turkey. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the coconut oil. Add the garlic, ginger, and ground meat and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the meat is cooked through. Stir in the sliced water chestnuts, soy sauce or tamari, and chopped cilantro and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Stir in the sesame oil and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Cook the cauliflower rice. In another large skillet, heat the coconut oil. Add the riced cauliflower and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Assemble the lettuce wraps. On each plate, arrange 2-3 lettuce leaves. Fill each leaf with a large spoonful of cauliflower rice and then a large spoonful of the ground chicken filling. Top each with carrots, scallions, cilantro, chopped peanuts, and slice of lime. Drizzle with a bit of hot sauce.
Riced cauliflower. Riced cauliflower can be found in the frozen aisle of most grocery stores. Find out where to buy and how to make your own here.
Meal prepping? Pack the lettuce wraps. Stack 2-3 lettuce leaves on one side of each meal prep container. Place 1/4th of the scallions and carrots, 1 lime slice, and cilantro for garnish on top of the lettuce leaves. Add 1/4th of the ground meat filling and cauliflower rice to the other side of the container. Keep the chopped peanuts and hot sauce separate. When ready to eat, remove stack of lettuce leaves with scallions, carrot, lime, and cilantro. Heat the ground meat filling and cauliflower rice and then assemble your lettuce wraps by adding everything on top of the lettuce. Sprinkle each wrap with chopped peanuts and a drizzle of hot sauce.
Keywords: chicken lettuce wraps, PF Chang's chicken lettuce wraps, healthy chicken lettuce wraps