Easy, flavorful chipotle pumpkin hummus that takes just minutes to make. Smoky, a little spicy, and perfect for fall entertaining.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 chipotle chili (from can of chipotles in adobo)
- 1–2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from can of chipotles in adobo, see notes)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- optional for serving: extra virgin olive oil, smoked paprika, and pumpkin seeds
- Add the garlic clove to a food processor and process until minced.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy. You may have to stop the processor a few times to scrape down the sides.
- If the hummus seems too thick, add water or extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time and process again. A few tablespoons should do the trick.
- Season with more salt, if needed, and transfer to an airtight container or a serving bowl if serving immediately.
- Garnish with optional drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkle of smoked paprika, and pumpkin seeds.
If you want the hummus extra smoky, use 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce. For less intense flavor, stick to 1 tablespoon.
Keywords: pumpkin hummus, chipotle hummus, fall hummus, pumpkin chipotle hummus