Organic coconut cold brew coffee. A simple cold brew recipe with a hint of coconut. Easily make it at home to save money (and reduce waste!). Never watery, just pure iced coffee perfection.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups coarsely ground organic coffee
- 4 cups filtered water
- non-dairy milk or creamer for serving, optional
- sweetener, like pure maple syrup or organic stevia, optional
- Toast the shredded coconut. Place the shredded coconut in a large skillet. Cook over low-medium heat, stirring frequently until the flakes are mostly golden brown. Watch carefully as coconut browns quickly! Transfer the coconut flakes from the pan to a plate and allow to cool.
Make the cold brew. Add the ground coffee and toasted coconut to a large bowl or jar. Slowly pour in 4 cups of cold, filtered water and stir gently until grounds are uniformly moistened. Cover and chill in the fridge for a full 24 hours.
The next day. Strain the coffee grounds through a nut-milk bag into a large bowl. Give the bag a good squeeze to get all the cold brew out of the bag (you may want to do this over the sink). Discard or compost the grinds. Transfer the cold brew from the bowl to a pitcher or large jar to store in the fridge.
Serve. Pour 1/2 cup cold brew into an ice-filled glass. Add milk or creamer and sweetener of choice, if using. Stir to combine.
The strained cold brew (without milk and sweetener) will stay fresh in the fridge for a week or more.
Adapted from Bon Appetit.
Keywords: coconut cold brew, homemade cold brew, cold brew recipe