This crunchy detox salad with tamari-roasted pumpkin seeds is the perfect healthy meal, full of crunchy green vegetables. Gluten-free and vegan.
- 1/2 small purple cabbage, thinly sliced (see notes)
- 1 head broccoli, florets thinly sliced (see notes)
- 8–10 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (see notes)
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts sliced
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins
- 1 small red chile, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
10 tablespoons tamari-roasted pumpkin seeds (see post to make your own!) or regular hulled, roasted pumpkin seeds
- Prep the vegetables (see notes).
Make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
Mix together the salad. In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, scallions, the currants, and the red chile (if using) with the dressing until evenly coated.
Pack the bowls. If serving right away, top with the tamari-roasted pumpkin seeds or regular pumpkin seeds. If meal prepping, divide the salad mixture between five meal prep containers. When ready to eat, top with 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds.
To speed up the prepping, you can use a food processor with the slicing or shredding attachment or a mandolin slicer to finely slice the cabbage, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts. Don’t have either? A very sharp knife will work!
Keywords: detox salad, broccoli salad, tamari pumpkin seeds