An easy Greek-inspired quinoa salad, refreshingly full of fresh vegetables, Kalamata olives, feta cheese (dairy-free if desired!) and a tangy red wine vinaigrette.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small bunch of mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup (generous – I use a little more) pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (see notes for dairy-free)
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1–2 teaspoons dried oregano ((more or less depending on how strong your spice is)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. You’ll need 3 cups of cooked quinoa total.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the remaining ingredients.
- Make the red wine vinaigrette. Add everything to a jar and shake until well combined.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Add all the chopped ingredients and add in desired amount of dressing. Give everything a good stir and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Dairy-Free Feta. Esti dairy-free feta is SO good and Violife dairy-free feta is another favorite.
Serving Options. Make this Greek quinoa salad a full meal by pairing it with a protein: fish, chicken, steak, tofu, and even chickpeas would be good here. You can also serve the salad with some greens like chopped romaine or baby arugula.
Keywords: Greek quinoa salad, healthy Greek salad, quinoa salad