- In a mixing bowl mix together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add in cocoa powder and salt and stir until very smooth and all cocoa clumps disappear.
- Pour into desired container (see container notes!) and top with toppings, if desired.
- Freeze until solid, about 30 minutes. Store in the freezer or fridge since this chocolate will melt at room temperature.
Sweetener Options. This recipe can be made with another liquid sweetener, like honey or agave syrup. To make this recipe 100% sugar-free, simply omit the maple syrup and add a tiny bit of natural sugar-free sweetener like stevia or monk fruit (powdered or liquid sweeteners work best). Experiment with amounts depending on sweetness preference.
Container Options. Choose one of the following before freezing:
– Pour chocolate mixture into a regular muffin tin lined with muffin liners (divide between six cups).
– Use a silicone muffin pan or silicone muffin cups (divide between six cups).
– Make chocolate bark by spreading the chocolate mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Storage. Store in the freezer or fridge since this chocolate can melt at room temperature.
Keywords: homemade chocolate, vegan chocolate, coconut oil chocolate