Easy homemade raspberry chocolate made with just a few simple ingredients: cocoa powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and raspberries! Vegan, gluten-free, paleo, soy-free with a sugar-free option.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add in cocoa powder and salt and stir until very smooth and all cocoa clumps disappear.
- If using a silicone heart mold, fill each heart halfway with chocolate, add 1 freeze-dried raspberry to each, and then top with more chocolate so that the chocolate is flush with the heart mold openings (it’s ok if it’s a little messy, the excess will cleanly crack off once frozen).
- If you’re not using a silicone heart mold, fill desired container (see container notes!) and either fill with freeze-dried raspberries or sprinkle with crumbled freeze-dried raspberries.
- Freeze until solid, about 30 minutes, and pop out the chocolate hearts. Store in the freezer or fridge since this chocolate will melt at room temperature.
Sweetener Options. This recipe can be made with another liquid sweetener, like honey or agave syrup. To make this recipe 100% sugar-free, simply omit the maple syrup and add a tiny bit of natural sugar-free sweetener like stevia or monk fruit (powdered or liquid sweeteners work best). Experiment with amounts depending on sweetness preference.
Freeze-Dried Raspberries. If you can’t find freeze-dried raspberries (I found them at Trader Joe’s!), you can also experiment with fresh or frozen raspberries!
Alternate Container Options. If not using a silicone heart mold, use one of the following before freezing (feel free to scale the recipe up to fit your desired container):
– Pour chocolate mixture into a regular muffin tin lined with muffin liners (divide between six cups).
– Use a silicone muffin pan or silicone muffin cups (divide between six cups).
– Make chocolate bark by spreading the chocolate mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Storage. Store in the freezer or fridge since this chocolate can melt at room temperature.
Keywords: homemade chocolate, vegan chocolate, coconut oil chocolate, sugar-free chocolate, homemade raspberry chocolate