Lemon chia seed pudding, with a bright, lemony flavor. Naturally sweetened, full of healthy fiber, and easy to prep ahead. Vegan, dairy-free, and paleo.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk (see notes)
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1/2 lemon (zest lemon before juicing)
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of turmeric, optional (for color!)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- optional toppings: yogurt, nuts, seeds, coconut whipped cream!
- Add non-dairy milk, coconut, pitted dates, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice, turmeric (if using), and a big pinch of salt to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and add 1/2 cup chia seeds. Mix well and allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Mix again and then divide the mixture between three jars or glasses. Cover and put into the fridge to set overnight.
- In the morning, to one chia pudding, add desired toppings. Repeat for the remaining two puddings whenever you’re ready to eat them.
Canned coconut milk. Make sure the coconut milk is well incorporated before pouring and measuring. If the coconut cream and water have separated in the can, simply gently pour the entire can into a saucepan and gently heat, stirring until incorporated. Save extra coconut milk in a jar in the fridge.
Keywords: lemon chia seed pudding, lemon chia pudding, coconut milk chia pudding