Matcha mint chocolate chip nice cream is a healthy soft serve ice cream made with just a few simple ingredients: bananas, coconut milk, mint, chocolate, and matcha (optional)! No added sugar, dairy-free, vegan, paleo, and gluten-free.
- 3 ripe but firm bananas, cut into coins and frozen in a single layer
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk, put in the fridge to set OR 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, plus more to taste
- sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder or moringa powder (optional, add more to taste)
- 1 (3.5-oz) dark chocolate bar, coarsely chopped OR 1 cup of chocolate chips (for a sugar-free option, I like Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips).
- Before you start. Cut the bananas into coins and freeze in a single layer on a baking tray or large plate lined with parchment paper. Put the coconut milk in the fridge to set.
Process. Combine the frozen banana coins, the cream from the can of coconut milk (the cream should have separated from the coconut water in the fridge: discard the coconut water or save for smoothies) OR the cashew or almond butter, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, a big pinch of sea salt, and the moringa or matcha powder (optional) in a food processor.
Pulse until the mixture is the creamy texture of soft-serve ice cream. You may need to scrape down the sides throughout the process; it can take a few minutes, so be patient! Taste and add more peppermint extract if desired. Once creamy, add the coarsely chopped dark chocolate and pulse until incorporated. Transfer to an airtight container.
Enjoy. This nice cream will be best and creamiest if eaten right away. Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to serve. To save for later, store nice cream in the freezer. Allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes before scooping.
Keywords: matcha nice cream, nice cream, healthy matcha ice cream