This roasted kabocha squash with spiced tahini yogurt and pistachios is an easy side dish, perfect for fall, winter, or Thanksgiving!
- 1 kabocha squash (about 2 lbs)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Carefully (!) cut the kabocha squash in half vertically, scoop out the seeds, and then slice each half into 1-inch wedges.
- Arrange the squash slices evenly on a rimmed baking sheet (lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat for easy clean-up), drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, make the spiced tahini yogurt. In a bowl, mix together the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, maple syrup, cumin, cinnamon, and salt. Adjust spiced to taste, if desired.
- Once the squash is done, spread the tahini yogurt sauce evenly on a large platter and arrange squash slices on top. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
Keywords: roasted kabocha squash, kabocha squash with tahini, tahini yogurt sauce