Easy Tuscan beans with spicy sausage and kale. A one-pan, 20-minute dinner that’s simple and satisfying. Made with organic chicken sausage, cannellini beans, and kale, this easy meal is gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1 lb fresh organic Italian chicken sausage (in casing)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 large bunch kale, destemmed and chopped
- 2/3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15-oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (see notes)
- sea salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- Parmesan cheese for serving, optional
Cook the sausage. Remove the casing from the Italian chicken sausage. Add the sausage to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until well-browned, breaking up into small pieces with a spoon, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Cook the kale. In the same skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the kale and chicken broth and stir occasionally until kale begins to wilt.
Finish the dish. Add in the drained and rinsed cans of cannellini beans and the cooked sausage. Cook for a few minutes more and then season with sea salt and a pinch of red pepper to taste.
Serve. Garnish with some grated Parmesan, if desired.
The amount of beans you use will depend on how much kale you use (some bunches are larger than others). Start by adding one can of beans, assess the ratio, and then add another if you choose!
Keywords: tuscan beans, kale and sausage, italian kale