Easy avocado hummus! Made with simple ingredients like chickpeas, avocado, tahini, and lemon. Gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (15-oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, pit removed and flesh scooped out
- 1 packed cup of baby spinach
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1–4 tablespoons cold water, if needed
- Add the garlic clove to a food processor and process until chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the water, to the food processor and process until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times if needed.
- If the hummus seems too thick (this will depend on the consistency of the tahini paste you use!), add water to the food processor, 1 tablespoon at a time, processing after each tablespoon until the desired consistency is reached. Add more salt to taste, if needed.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl (or airtight container to save for later) and serve with cut vegetables, pita chips, tortilla chips, etc. or use on sandwiches or wraps. Enjoy!
Keywords: avocado hummus, spinach hummus, easy hummus recipe, avocado spinach hummus