One of my greatest meal prep strategies of ALL TIME: early in the week, make a sauce. A really good one. And then use it on salads, grain bowls, socca, eggs, etc. all week long. It’s a simple tactic that can bring together the humblest of random pantry ingredients for easy weeknight meals.
One of my favorite sauces (ever) is this one: the green tahini sauce. It’s garlicky, lemony, herby, and good on everything. It also happens to be dairy-free, vegan, and paleo so it’s healthy too, of course. 😉
A classic pairing? This tahini sauce with these easy baked falafel. You can’t go wrong. Enjoy!Print
Green Tahini Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern Inspired
An easy green tahini sauce that’s good on everything! The perfect tahini dressing for falafel, vegetables, salads, grain bowls, or your favorite protein. Made with fresh herbs, garlic, and lemon juice, this tahini sauce is vegan, dairy-free, and paleo.
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 water, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 handfuls of cilantro leaves (or a cilantro/parsley mix!)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, starting with 1/4 cup of water. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding more water by the tablespoon until the sauce reaches a smooth, pourable consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the sauce to an air-tight container and store in the fridge until you’re ready to use (see notes).
The tahini sauce will thicken in the fridge. To thin, simply add a few teaspoons of warm water and give a good stir until the desired consistency is reached before using.
Keywords: green tahini sauce, tahini sauce, healthy tahini sauce
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.
Leave a Reply