Shredded kale salad with tahini-miso dressing is a hearty vegan and gluten-free salad with added crunch from pistachios, scallions and sesame seeds.
- 2 bunches of Lacinato kale (also known as dinosaur kale), de-stemmed and very thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- ⅓ cup water
- salt to taste
- Massage the kale. Add the de-stemmed and thinly sliced kale to large bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Massage the kale with your hands until softened.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together all ingredients until smooth, adding more water to get the desired consistency.
- Add the dressing and sesame seeds to the massaged kale and mix until well combined.
- Top the salad with pistachios and scallions (and any protein and/or grain, if using).
Keywords: tahini miso dressing, chopped kale salad