Greens on greens on greens. I love to prepare hearty salads that will hold up through Friday and this kale pistachio salad does just that. The hearty kale is perfectly balanced with a creamy tahini miso dressing and pistachios, scallions, and sesame seeds give the salad dimension and crunch.
This kale salad serves four as a side, but can easily be made a meal for two with the addition of avocado, protein, and/or grain of choice. For non-vegans, chicken or canned tuna pair well here. For vegans, I like roated tempeh or roasted, crunchy chickpeas.Print
Shredded Kale Pistachio Salad with Tahini-Miso Dressing
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 As A Main, 4 As A Side 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: American
Shredded kale salad with tahini-miso dressing is a hearty vegan and gluten-free salad with added crunch from pistachios, scallions and sesame seeds.
- 2 bunches of Lacinato kale (also known as dinosaur kale), de-stemmed and very thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- ⅓ cup water
- salt to taste
- Massage the kale. Add the de-stemmed and thinly sliced kale to large bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Massage the kale with your hands until softened.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together all ingredients until smooth, adding more water to get the desired consistency.
- Add the dressing and sesame seeds to the massaged kale and mix until well combined.
- Top the salad with pistachios and scallions (and any protein and/or grain, if using).
Keywords: tahini miso dressing, chopped kale salad
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.
Cinnamon Chocolate Tahini Truffles | Vegan and Paleo | Loveleaf Co. says
[…] you’re like me, you’ve probably had tahini in plenty of savory dishes (hummus, tahini dressing, … tacos!). But the sweeter side of tahini is kind of new to me. When I partnered with my […]