These garlic ginger kale bowls couldn’t be easier; simply chop up some garlic and ginger, stir-fry with some ground meat or a can of beans, and add kale. Voila! A flavorful, healthy, comforting dinner in no time.
I put it on top of cauliflower rice, but any grain like brown rice or quinoa would work well. I just like the idea of putting vegetables on vegetables ;).Print
Garlic ginger kale bowls: garlicky kale on top of cauliflower rice, ground meat or beans, roasted nuts and Sriracha. Gluten-free, paleo with a vegan option.
- 2 (12-oz) bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound ground meat (turkey, chicken or pork would be best) or 1 15-oz can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 pound kale (about 2 bunches), stemmed and leaves torn into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 cup mixed fresh basil and cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts or almonds, coarsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the cauliflower rice. Cook cauliflower rice on the stovetop according to package instructions. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Add the garlic, ginger and ground meat (or drained beans) and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the meat (if using) is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In batches, add the kale and stir-fry until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce or coconut aminos, herbs, and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with cauliflower rice, chopped roasted nuts, and Sriracha.
Keywords: kale salad, cauliflower rice, kale bowl