Kombucha margaritas: a healthy margarita recipe made with fresh lime juice and kombucha. These are fizzy, tart, and just a tad sweet.
- sea salt or flaky kosher salt for the rim
- 3 oz tequila
- 2 oz triple sec or Cointreau (see notes)
- 3 oz fresh lime juice (about 2–3 limes)
- 6 oz plain kombucha (or flavor of choice for a flavored margarita!)
- Put salt on a small plate or saucer. Wet the rims of the glasses with lime juice or water and dip in the salt.
- Shake all the ingredients except the kombucha with some ice in a cocktail shaker until the exterior frosts.
- Add the kombucha and give a quick stir.
- Strain into the glasses over ice or without ice depending on preference. Garnish with lime slices, if desired.
Use 100% agave tequila (“100% de agave”) for the best-tasting margarita!
Cointreau is more alcoholic than Triple Sec. Either will work, but use Cointreau if you like a boozier tasting margarita.
Keywords: kombucha margaritas, kombucha margarita, healthy margarita