Easy paleo lemon chia seed muffins! Made with a coconut and tapioca flour blend, eggs, chia seeds, pure maple syrup, and lots of lemon. Fluffy and full of flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with 6 muffin cup liners or lightly oil a non-stick muffin tin.
- Mix the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chia seeds together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, add the eggs and beat with a hand mixer until well blended, about 1 minute.
- To the bowl with the eggs, add the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest and beat again until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined, being careful not to over mix. Allow to sit for a few minutes and gently stir again.
- Divide the batter evenly between the six muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are just golden. Allow to fully cool in the pan before removing.
- Optional: serve with grass-fed butter, nut butter, and/or jam!
Coconut flour is a very unique flour and cannot be substituted with another flour in this recipe.
Keywords: paleo lemon muffins, lemon chia seed muffins, gluten-free lemon muffins