There is something magical about the rice noodle and peanut sauce combination. So bringing them both into a salad is a win for everyone; you get the amazing fresh flavors of pad thai with an extra boost of veggies. Tamarind paste is one of those ingredients that make you scratch your head and potentially abandon a recipe. But before you click away, try it!
I found this brand at Whole Foods and it really transforms the sauce into one that is authentically Thai tasting. It’s sweet and sour (and sugar-free) and has a long shelf life. If you can’t find tamarind paste, use a little extra lime juice and honey (or sweetener of choice) in the dressing. To complete the pad Thai salad, I like to add cooked shrimp or fried tofu.Print
Pad Thai Salad with Peanut Tamarind Dressing
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Thai-Inspired
Pad thai salad is a deconstructed version of classic pad thai with a peanut tamarind dressing and fresh veggies. Gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro, leaves torn off (amount to taste)
- 1 bunch basil, thinly sliced (amount to taste)
- 1–2 medium carrots, shredded
- 6 oz dry rice noodles
- 1 lime for serving
- bean sprouts, optional
- 4 cups spring mix, optional
- ⅓ cup smooth, unsweetened peanut butter
- ¼ – ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1–2 tablespoons tamarind paste (depending on how tart you want it)
- Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions.
- Make the dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Start with 1/4 cup of water and add more, one tablespoon at a time, to thin out if needed.
- Add remaining ingredients on top of rice noodles, drizzle with peanut tamarind dressing and squeeze fresh lime on top. Top with peanuts, scallions and cilantro.
Keywords: pad thai, pad thai salad, peanut tamarind dressing
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.
Leave a Reply