I grew up in Southampton, New York so naturally, Tate’s Bake Shop treats fueled my childhood. So here’s some insider knowledge: their carrot cake is better than their famous cookies. 🤷🏼♀️
Needless to say, my carrot cake obsession runs deep. And while this carrot cake smoothie bowl is no substitute for real carrot cake (of course), it’s a satisfying, filling breakfast option for anyone who wants that carrot cake flavor at an acceptable morning hour.
For real – but healthier! (think: gluten-free, vegan, etc.) – carrot cake recipes, check out my Pinterest board Healthy Carrot Cake Recipes ;). Or try these carrot cake bars from the archives (worth the effort).
Carrot cake smoothie bowl! A healthy, vegan smoothie bowl that tastes like carrot cake. Dairy-free, paleo, and naturally sweetened with fruit.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of ground nutmeg, to taste
- a pinch of salt
- 2–3 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- toppings: coconut flakes or chopped walnuts, optional
- Add all ingredients, except for the milk and optional toppings, to a high-speed blender and blend on low until everything is broken into small bits.
- Add the non-dairy milk and blend on low again, stopping to scrape down the sides occasionally, until the mixture reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- Scoop into a bowl and top with coconut flakes or chopped walnuts, if using.
Keywords: carrot cake smoothie, carrot cake smoothie bowl, carrot smoothie
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.