This is hands-down our favorite pesto sauce. It’s made without Parmesan (gasp!), but we promise you won’t miss it in this dairy-free version. We use it on zucchini noodles, polenta bowls, and even thin it out to make a killer bánh mì dressing.
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 oz basil (2 cups packed leaves)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil plus more if needed
- big pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Add basil, walnuts, garlic, and lemon juice to a food processor. While processing, slowly add the olive oil until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container.