This is hands-down my favorite pesto. It’s made without Parmesan (gasp!), but I promise you won’t miss it in this dairy-free version. I use it on zucchini noodles, polenta bowls, and even thin it out to make a killer bánh mì inspired dressing.Print
The best dairy-free pesto. A healthy vegan pesto made with walnuts, basil, lemon, and garlic. Use it on zoodles, polenta bowls, or grilled veggies.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 oz basil (2 cups packed leaves)
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced (I like 2!)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- big pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Add basil, walnuts, garlic, and lemon juice to a food processor. While processing, slowly add the olive oil, starting with 1/4 cup and slowly increasing as needed. Continue processing until the mixture is well combined, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Storage. To keep pesto from browning, drizzle enough olive oil on top to completely cover to surface of the pesto. For longer storage, freeze pesto in ice cube trays, then transfer frozen cubes to an air-tight container. Thaw when ready to use.
Keywords: dairy-free pesto, healthy pesto, paleo pesto, vegan pesto
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.