Here at Loveleaf we’re all about the veggies (the more the better, as far as we’re concerned). So when we discovered that grated zucchini sneakily makes the easiest, most delicious dairy-free and grain-free meatballs, we had to share. Get your bowls ready.
These turkey zucchini meatballs are a great prep-ahead protein. Not only do they come together in minutes, but they’re freezer-friendly too. We like to make a batch of 20 mini meatballs and use four meatballs per meal prep serving. Add them to any salad or bowl recipe for a healthy, clean gluten-free and paleo protein. Here are our favorite pairings:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup soft herbs (parsley, mint, and/or cilantro), optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients and shape into 20 mini meatballs.
- Once the oven is preheated, bake for 15-18 minutes until cooked through.