If you’re trying to eat healthier but want a meal that will satisfy everyone in the family (yourself included ;), these sweet potato noodle bowls are IT. They’re quick and easy, super versatile, and made with my go-to satisfying coconut peanut sauce.
Sweet Potato Noodles
To keep this recipe full of vegetables, I like to make it with sweet potato noodles, which are simply noodles made from sweet potatoes with a spiralizer. You’ll need two large or three medium sweet potatoes for four servings.
That being said, these bowls can totally be made zucchini noodles or regular noodles instead! For this recipe, I like these brown rice noodles or brown rice spaghetti best but really any pasta or noodles will work. Use what you have.
Vegetables and Protein
This recipe is super versatile. The basic formula is this: noodles + vegetables + coconut peanut sauce. I like crunchy vegetables, like red pepper and cabbage, best but… you guessed it: anything goes!
You can also add a cooked protein to make the dish more substantial. Some good pairings would be cooked shrimp, cooked tofu or tempeh, or cooked chicken. I’ve tried them all and they all work.
Coconut Peanut Sauce
The real star of the show is the coconut peanut sauce. It’s what brings the whole dish together and makes everything just… work. Aside from the peanut sauce, chopped cilantro and roasted peanuts are simple ingredients that bring the dish to another level by adding flavor and extra crunch.Print
Sweet potato noodle bowls with coconut peanut sauce! A healthy noodle bowl recipe made with spiralized sweet potatoes, crunchy vegetables, and a satisfying coconut peanut sauce. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (or 3 medium), spiralized OR 6 oz noodles (see notes)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 – 1 cup coconut peanut sauce
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- extra chopped scallions and cilantro for serving
- Cook the noodles. If using regular noodles, cook 6 oz noodles according to package instructions.
- If using sweet potato noodles, spiralize 2 large sweet potatoes. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and give the sweet potato noodles a good stir. When the noodles begin to stick to the bottom of the skillet, add 1/4-1/2 cup of water and stir frequently until just tender.
- Get a large bowl. Add the cooked noodles (drained if using regular), the prepped vegetables, and add 3/4 cups of the coconut peanut sauce. Give everything a good stir so that the vegetables and noodles are evenly coated in the sauce, adding more sauce if desired. Add more salt to taste.
- Divide the mixture between four bowls. Garnish with coarsely chopped peanuts, more scallions, and cilantro.
Keywords: sweet potato noodles, noodle bowls, sweet potato noodle bowls
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. There is no additional cost to you. I only link to products I truly recommend and trust.